7 Years Music Video

This project was not as hard as I thought it would be. At first, when the teacher told us that this next project was a music video, I was very worried. I thought we would have to make up our own lyrics and film ourselves singing or something. I later learned that was not the case. for this assignment, we were asked to choose a song and film scenes that match the song. The scenes also had to tell a story. I couldn't just be random clips pasted together. At first, I couldn't decide which song to pick. There were many songs in my head but none of them seemed to have lyrics that would be easy to match when filming. It almost felt like I was trying to choose an "easy" song. However, it was more like making sure I had the capabilities to film what would match whatever song I chose. For example, if I was thinking of using a song that talked about different luxury cars, it would make sense for me to include scenes of cars. However, because we only have one car, which isn't even considered a luxury vehicle, it would be unreasonable to choose that song.

The song 7 Years was a good song to choose because the lyrics were easy to understand. they were not complicated and I was able to use what I had to film the video without any problems. This project was fairly easy compared to the commercial. it was not hard to get the desired length of the videos because I just planned out what scenes would go with the part of the song in that one-minute time frame. If the clips were too long, all I had to do was snip them in places that weren't too necessary to make them shorter. If they were too short, I either slowed them down or added a small clip of something to fill in that space.

I definitely could have sat down and thought about my scene planning some more. I feel like if I may have made a little more time during Thanksgiving break, I would have had more room to think over my scenes and make better changes. The song also had a few lyrics that needed a bit of interpreting, so I tried to film them to what I thought would match the closest and also make sense. Besides that, there was one line that I actually could not film because of age and appropriateness restrictions. other than these, I think my music video came out nice. watching the final product made me smile and I would be happy to do another music video project like this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming Toyota Commercial Blog

Title Research: Glass

Genre Research: Final Choice